I love this kid.
He’s only in Prisoner of Azkaban, and he has two lines:
“It’s among the darkest omens in our world. It’s an omen… of death.”
and don’t forget, the ever popular:
“It’s like trying to catch smoke… Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands.”
It’s like okay, kid, we don’t know who you are, but go ahead and say the two most intense lines in the entire movie. I guess that’s cool. Whatevs.
This is Bem, the only student to ever successfully change Houses. In the third movie, he’s a Gryffindor. In the fifth he magically becomes a Ravenclaw. Bow down to Bem for he holds all the knowledge.
BEM IS OUR KING.
It’s because after he uttered those two lines everyone was like ‘DAYUM BEM’ and he was sent to Dumbledore’s office and Dumbledore was like I boy you twoo fuckin’ wise to be a lion you gonna be a eagle now. Get your ass in Ravenclaw.
and thats how it happened.
All hail Bem.
you can really tell we haven’t had a new book for over 5 years now can’t you?
so my mom needed a dress for a wedding so she went to neiman marcus and tried this on and sneaked some pictures
then she showed them to my grandmother and with almost a 50 year sewing career she made an exact replica of the dress for her
no one tops my grandma tbh
sewing game too strong
makes one 3-layer 8” cake
1 3/4 cups (350 gr) sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
7.5 oz (213 gr) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
12 Tbspn unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, bring the sugar and heavy cream to a boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the cream and sugar for six minutes. Be careful not to let the saucepan overflow.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate and butter until they have completely melted.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Let the frosting cool completely, whisking every now and then during cooling. (You can do this step in the refrigerator to speed up the process) Once completely cool at room temperature, the frosting will be spreadable.
3 cups (600 gr) sugar
scant 3 cups (425 gr) AP flour
1 cup + 2 Tbspn (135 gr) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 1/2 tspn salt
2 1/4 tspn baking powder
2 1/4 tspn baking soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cup hot coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease, flour, and line the bottoms of three 8” round cake pans. If desired, wrap the cake pans with bake-even strips.
2. In a mixer bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the beaten eggs, vegetable oil, and milk. Stir to mix. Then, with the mixer on low, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix on low until evenly distributed.
4. Pour the hot coffee into the batter and mix on medium low until smooth. The batter will be soupy.
5. Divide the batter between the cake pans.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out cleanly, the cakes are done. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
7. Level the cakes (this is easier if they’ve sat in the freezer for at least one hour beforehand).
8. Stack the cakes, spreading a layer of frosting in between each cake layer. Frost the outside of the cake—for a smoother finish, use a hot knife.
Note: this recipe also works for a 3-layer 9” cake, with slightly shorter layers.
Don’t get me wrong, i love the hp movies. But when i say i want a book to turn into a movie, i want a detailed description of what they do every day and not cut out important things. Like all the quidditch games, and Lilly and Snape’s story. It upsets me.
“According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate beings condemning them to spend their lives in search for their other halves.”
~Plato’s The Symposium.
This is just legitimately sad.
and this is why i’ll never meet my circle.
i’m guessing it’s on another country or even continent
The educational system in one image.
Ahh this is clever.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend the rest of its life thinking it’s an idiot.” -Albert Einstein
Perfect timing. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT.
Admin: Kinda off-topic, but I think this is something that many of us need to see right now.
This was on my English final, my teachter is awesome
I don’t understand schools.
If you have a broken leg you don’t have to do PE, but if you have social anxiety you’re forced to do public speaking
you are very stupid
you can get over social anxiety but you can’t get over a broken leg. speaking in front of people will only make you better at it next time but gym class will not make your leg better, it will make it worse
clearly you do not understand social anxiety
once my sister was eating pop rocks on my bed and spilled some but forgot to clean it up and apparently some pop rocks got on my pillow bc in the middle of the night i happened to drool and i swear to fucking god there is nothing more terrifying than having pop rocks exploding all up in your face when you are asleep